Problems with Creative Zen V

sabre Man

Bought the 4GB version in March. Every now and then I had to reset it because it would freeze when connected to the car stereo. Saturday it froze again but this time even resetting didn't help. It just rebooted and froze again on the second (Creative Zen) screen no matter how many times i reset it.

Am I the only one having these problems, or is the Zen a bit unreliable?

Are you running the latest firmware for the device? Check the Creative support page.

does it have a removable battery? i have a zen jukebox and taking the battery out & putting it back does the trick. i find it generally very reliable & this only happens occasionally

I was having exactly the same problem with the zen v - it kept freezing when i was using it in the dock. I ran the latest firmware on it from the creative site and it has done the trick so far!!

I was having exactly the same problem with the zen v - it kept freezing when i was using it in the dock. I ran the latest firmware on it from the creative site and it has done the trick so far!!

I've looked into that but part of the proble is that Windows doesn't recognize the player, so I can't ransfer the new firmware. Did you have this problem also?

ClubMan: Thanks for the suggestion.
webtax: The battery is non-removale.

Sounds like your best option is to contact Creative; 01-4380055.
My Vision:M froze a few months back and they replaced it (on the last day of the warranty period too!)

Last edited:
Yeah sounds quite similar. What i did was when it froze i let the battery run down completely and then charged it up again fully and then without playing any songs that would make it freeze again see if you can get the pc to recognise it that way.

Mrs Jock had a similar problem with her Zen.
Deleted a track that came from a bootleg CD - problem gone.

If that's any help?............

Got a support e-mail from Creative this morning. Among the instructions suggested was rebooting. Windows recognized the player after reboot from recovery mode and I was then able to install the new firmware. I am now able to start the player without it freezing.

Back