Problems with Bank Transfer

K

k1D20

Hi
Hopefully someone in this forum has some ideas on this.
I recently made a withdrawal from my credit union account, the default transfer route was into a first active savings account.
The problem is that this first active account has been closed since September 2007.
In normal circumstances I understand these transfers should bounce back but in this case it has not.
The added complication is that my account numbers with first active are old account numbers which I have been using since first active was First Nationwide Building Society. These account numbers were working fine until the summer of 2007.
What used to happen in the First Nationwide days is that the money would go to some holding account with Bank Of Ireland and then move out to First Nationwide.
Where it is at now is after a lot of calls to First Active we have establised it is somewhere in the Bank of Ireland system.
The account details are not a branch sort code and account number that Bank of Ireland normally use so they are having problems.
Does anyone in this forum have an idea what section in Bank of Ireland would deal with this as I have having problems getting an answer from anyone.
Thanks
Kieran

you have to trace it from the account it left. impossible for the receipient bank to trace since it hasnt even reached them therefore they've nothing to go on. if it has come from your credit union account, cr union should be able to trace

kID20
I think your CU should be the ones doing the work in tracing the transfer. While you may have been negligent in not updating the information as to your account details they are equally at fault in not checking/confirming.

You wanted some of your funds and you have not received them. They should be responsible for your funds until you receive them.

Does anyone in this forum have an idea what section in Bank of Ireland would deal with this as I have having problems getting an answer from anyone.
I think you'll have to deal with this through your own branch staff. If they haven't been helpful to date, get onto a manager and insist that they follow up for you. Make a pain of yourself by making daily calls for updates if they aren't keeping you up to date.

Back