Problems registering with Degiro

Mocame

I tried to set up an account with Degiro three weeks ago and uploaded all my documents and downloaded their app. However since then the app says they are processing my documents and my registration has proceeded no further. I rang them last week and was told by their online support that they couldn't access my account because it was still being set up.

Has anyone else come across these problems when registering with Degiro? Can you suggest a solution?

These problems have put me off using Degiro because I am concerned that I might face similar problems with dreadful customer support if I had problems with a transaction. Can anyone suggest an alternative low cost online broker?

The delay is probably due to large numbers of new account applications.

I have a few accounts with Degiro for 5+ years.
I have contacted Degiro several times for issues which were unrelated to Degiro.
These were delistings and takeovers. In all cases Degiro dealt with these issues in an efficient, prompt and correct manner. I also had a few general questions regarding Degiro rules and charges. These were also answered promptly. Within a day or two..

Don't give up on Degiro yet.

Back