Problems having changed to BT Broadband

onekeano

I changed from UTV recently to BT BB but cannot get the wireless working. Even though I had a Zyxel Modem BT sent me a newer version and I tried connecting that with my Linksys Wireless but in spite of many many attempts have had no success.

I have been onto BT but got the standard "we don't support Linksys", any help with setting would be much appreciated.

Roy

What sort of security setup applied to the old and new wireless routers? For example WEP, WPA/PSK etc.? If these were enabled on either or both then the password/passphrase may be different requiring you do reconfigure your PC/laptop's network connection. What sort of behaviour and, better still, error messages do you get? What do you get when you run NetStumbler?

You need to be more specific.

If you satisfied that the problem is a linksys one, you should go to their website and find their live online support - they're excellent.
With zyxel, you need to trade emails - not as good - but they will respond if you provide them with a specific description of the problem.

Managed to get it sorted at last.

Many thanks Clubman and Serotonisid - much appreciated.

Roy

Back