Problem with UTorrent port forwarding

D

dennigerz

Hi, i'm having problems setting up my port forwarding for utorrent on my pc, my utorrent downloads are really slow because of this, can anyone give me a step by step walkthrough to sort this out or is there a web site i can get the information on. I have tried reading their solutions but it makes no sence. Thanks

how do you know its the port forwarding thats causing it and not the torrents seeds?

try it without port forwarding and see what the speed is like.

are you sure youve got the right port range on the router that your app is set for?

Which BB provider are you using? With Vodafone mobile, they explicitly prevent port forwarding as far as I know. I has this issue until a few weeks ago, having spenT many a long night trying to forward ports but never got over 50Kb/s download.
I changed to o2 recently and forwarding is working fine and I am seeing speeds of nearly 400kb/s. At that rate it is taking me about an hour to torrent a film down, about 650 seeds and I think around 40 were active.....

Did you try google/boards.ie to see if they allow port forwarding?

how can an ISP block port forwarding? the only thing they can do is block a port on their switch (which I dont think they do) in which case you should be able to change the port that youre using for the torrents. Not familiar with utorrent but other torrent clients like bitlord allow you to change port.

It really sound like a config issue. Google "port forward" and your router.

how can an ISP block port forwarding? the only thing they can do is block a port on their switch (which I dont think they do) in which case you should be able to change the port that youre using for the torrents. Not familiar with utorrent but other torrent clients like bitlord allow you to change port.

Check out [broken link removed] link for a similar discussion, which ends with the comment:

"Hi, i can confirm that vodafone do indeed block inbound connections. Just got an email back from a very helpful fella in data support. How well does the o2 work?

Cheers
J "

Apologies, I didnt see the OP was with 3. theres over 6000 posts on the 3 problems on [broken link removed]. I wouldnt even begin to attempt to use torrents with mobile BB.

Back