Problem with toilet

staunton

Hi spot of bother with the toilet in my recently purchased 2nd hand house.
Toilet doesnt always flush everything away.
There is no odour or anything and when its just urine or small deposits it works fine but sometimes has a problem with bigger amounts.
Awkward post but necessary anyone have any ideas on this the flow seems fine water level rises and falls seemingly as it should tried adjusting the ballcock to no avail also.
Running out of ideas any help greatly appreciated by myself and herself!

Some toilets are just bad at flushing. You can go out and buy a different flushing mechanism that may allow more water in the cistern or just change the toilet completely.

Another thing to look at is the bend behind the toilet (if there is one). The flexible white ones with the ribs don’t let the water run out.

You could spend ages and money changing various items but the actual toilet itself is your best bet.

How quickly does water flow out the drain? Perhaps test with a bucket of water. It doesn't matter how quickly water enters from the cistern, if the outlet is restricting the flow in some way it'll affect performance. Does the water level rise noticably after a flush?
Leo

The cistern fills up to the required mark and the toilet fills up quite quickly after flushing.
Might just be the toilet itself so.

Did you check your diet lately maybe that is the cause of the problem.

There shouldn't be any major rise of water level in the toilet itself when you flush - this sounds like there is a restricition in the sewer pipe. Have you checked this by opening up a manhole or junction outside the house?

My diet is as its always been and the bowl ( not bowel )never overfills thinking of just changing the toilet itself.
Cheers

Back