Problem with Skip

MandaC

Driving to work this morning behind skip. Truck had two skips on board, the top one which was covered with a Net, the bottom one was not.

Bits of wood, stones, papers, cardboard started streaming from it down onto my car (and the road), until eventually he got to the Roundabout and the side of a kitchen press decided to jump ship.

I phoned the skip office, they were quite indifferent, could not understand why I was annoyed, and I am waiting for a call back.

Who should I report it to under (a)health and safety and (2) environmental, as half of the skip is distributed along the Fonthill Road.

MandaC said:
Who should I report it to under (a)health and safety and (2) environmental, as half of the skip is distributed along the Fonthill Road.
Both - Contact the local authority litter wardens all along his route.

I phoned up yesterday to the Skip people, made my complaint and told them I wanted a call back. At about 12.30 got no call back, phoned again, customer service supervisor to whom I had previously spoken was on lunch.

Told them they had until 2 o clock to contact me after which I was reporting them to wastemanagement, litter, gardai, etc.

Needless to say a manager phoned me back a few minutes later. Tried to blame the skip guy (its easy to blame the driver). Anyway apologies profusely. I told them to ensure that all litter was removed from the Fonthill Road as I would be travelling that way on the way home and if it was still there, I would be making the neccessary phone calls. Also said I would be examining car bonet for chips, dents, etc and would be back in touch if I found any.

Anyway, car fine, litter removed from the road, so all ok.

Wow - Good work, Manda - I'd say it must have stuck in their throat to have to get out and clean up their mess.

Back