Problem with outlook express

rheinie

I have recently had the misfortune to have to wipe my hard drive ( virus problem .I have re installed windows xp and every thing seems to work fine except for outlook express ,my problem is I can not send or recieve emails .I have managed to reset the settings but each time I reset them when I turn on computer the connections seems to have gone or they time out and I get a connection error message.Any ideas on how I could solve this welcome .Thanks

Hello,

If you reinstalled the OS have you checked that the modem is installed properly? that all drivers are correct? if you cannot connect it's possible the modem isn't installed. Check the modem on Device Manager and use the properties button to Query and test it.

Thanks for reply have done as you suggested but still no luck,I still am getting an error message Socket error11004 error number 0x800CCOD.Is this infomation of any use thanks .

Are you getting POP3 errors as well?? If so, you probably haven't configured it 100%. Check your service provider settings. Make sure you're not logging in using Secure password authentication or the one underneath that for the server requiring authentication.

Put The Exact Error Into Google And It Will Tell You What The Error Means.

Can You Get Internet Activity ?????

Back