Problem with my Broadband

brodiebabe

My broadband won't let me go online when i am making telephone calls (and for a few mins after a call is made) anyone know how to fix this? ESat BT is the ISP.

Did you install the ADSL [broken link removed] at the appropriate places? Broadband service providers normally include at least one splitter filter and sometimes a few more non splitter filters with their equipment for self installation.

Do you mean that you have it installed properly? Generally you need to use the splitter at some point to split the line between the normal phone handset(s) and the broadband line connection into your broadband modem/router. Are you sure that you have this set up correctly? Were you ever able to make calls and use broadband at the same time - i.e. has this problem only arisen recently after things worked OK for some period? If this is the case and nothing has changed with your setup then you might be as well to inquire with your phone/broadband provider (or providers if somebody other than esat are providing the normal telephone service).

Thanks Clubman, copped the problem. The filter was installed on my fax/phone but not on my cordless phone. Finally realised it only happend when I was on the cordless! Will get a filter for it. Thanks for the assistance.

Good to get to the bottom of that. Oddly enough I don't have any microfilters installed at all and yet both my phone (a cordless as it happens) and the broadband connection work fine even when used at the same time.

Back