Problem with misfire on cylinder 3. anybody help?

T

The J man

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say I have been using AABM for many years (previous incarnation was johnnybegood but lost access to email address) I have a 2004 Seat Ibiza 1.2L (35k miles) car that has giving me nothing but trouble.

Basically last week the timing chain stretched and the cam sensor went. Got these two fixed and cost me the guts of €750. Straight away a "Misfire on cylinder three" came up. I have been told that this is either the spark plug or the coil pack (although the coils are individual on an seat so its just a coil) does this sound right to the car mechanic experts?

Also when somebody refers to a coil do they mean a ignition coil? Is this the part which I need? Many thanks for your assistance. any help would be a life saving to me!!

Sounds about right. These engines have long-life spark-plugs and a coil-pack per cylinder; the old single ignition coil is history on modern egines. Start with the coil-pack. They are easily changed but get it done ASAP.

Thanks for your help Mathepac. Just to clarify... I purchased the spark plugs yesterday (no issue). I also got an ignition coil ... i'm a little confused but it sounds like this is not the part I need. If I am going into a motor parts place what exactly should I be asking for?

sorry for my stupidity!! Just clueless with cars!!