Problem with heating

kasko

Hi,

can anyone help me in resolving this?
One of the radiators in my apartment is comletely cold. It was fine two - three days ago before I topped the system with water since gauger on the boiler indicated there was no pressure at all.

I thought there was some air trapped in the radiator, however, when I try to bleed it, water runs out without a hiss of air.

Inlet pipe is cold as well, although after I let out about 3 pints of water from the rad, the pipe started getting a bit warm and that's as far as it got.

This is very annoying....

it could be a balancing problem....though i am no expert.
have you tried turning off all the other rads, turn on the central heating and see how the affected rad is after say 20-30 mins?

btw...i am only guessing here.

will reply if i think of anything else.

I did. Turned off all other rads, and this one is still cold. Nothing happens

have a look at the following before you do anything else. you might as well do some research before attempting anything else.

http://www.diydata.com/plumbing/index.php

i am no expert so i do not wish to give you bad advice. i do some basic plumbing myself but am not sure about this problem.

if i find anything i will come back to you on this thread.

What speed is the pump set at ?. Most have 3 speeds, with a rotary switch on the pump itself. If the system is airlocked, running at full speed may clear it. Is there any gurgling at the pump ?. That would indicate that there is air at the pump, reducing, or preventing water flow.

Back