Problem with Garage Service

doc48

Hi All.
Had my car (Rover MG ZR '03) in garage 2 months ago and had new head gasket fitted (a common fault with rover cars)

Cost in total €900.

Last week water bubbling again in rad bottle. Took to garage yesterday and they said the gasket was gone again.

They want another €500 to put right again. They say they won't stand over their work, as I should have brought it last week when I noticed problem.

Your thoughts please.

Why was the gasket gone again? Was their original work negligent? Get an independent motor assessor to advise. If their work was faulty then they are legally obliged to put it right or compensate.

Hi All.

Last week water bubbling again in rad bottle. Took to garage yesterday and they said the gasket was gone again.

They want another €500 to put right again. They say they won't stand over their work, as I should have brought it last week when I noticed problem.

quote]

If the head gasket is gone now, it must have been gone last week as well, so why would it matter that you only took it in this week.

previous poster has raised a good point, why is it gone again? bet there is some other problem.

If this is the Rover K series engine, a re-designed head gasket is available that should sort the problem permanently if fitted correctly ( if there were no other problems such as water-pump, thermostat, etc)

Back