Problem with Excess Water in Fridge

IrishGunner

Hey

Have a Beko Fridge / Freezer Model CG964

Underneath the vegetable, fruit, salad store at the bottom of the fridge water seems to be gathering up

I checked the Defrost Water Collection Channel / drain tube and it does not seem to have been blocked
using the plastic plunger to clear it

Thermostat Knob is set to medium so don't where its coming from

Rang their service dept and its €70 just for a call out as its not under guarantee

Anyone got any ideas ?

Maybe give www.mastercare.ie (recommended by me and others in other threads) a call to see if they can help?

Have you looked behind the fridge just in case there are any problems there - e.g. blockages, full drip tray, insufficient space for ventilation, excessive dust on radiator elements etc.?

IrishGunner,
did you pull the fridge out to check the drain? I had the exact same problem with water under the trays. The drain tube didn't seem to be blocked, but when I pulled out the fridge it turned out the inlet into the collection pan was (pushing a narrow plunger down it would clear it temporarily, but not solve the problem). A quick clean and it's working perfectly again.

Cheers will try that dont think Mrs Gunner is strong enough so have to get younger bro or older Dad to help

Well did not put my back out but the pipe was blocked the amount of crap that was stuck down it

Seems to be draining perfectly now

Cheers

Good stuff. Hope you took the opportunity to hoover/dust the elements at the back if they were covered in dust/fluff (as they usually are after some time) as it will help the fridge work more efficiently.