Problem with Eircom wireless modem

ROSS

Hi

Have been using the above to great success for a few months now.
The wireless modem is in my front hall where the main phone line comes in and the pc is upstairs in one of the bedrooms. As I have no phone socket upstairs, the wireless arrangement was a great alternative to rolling out an extension lead each time. Anyway, over the last week my usb key card is not detecting the wireless network from the modem. But this only happens at night time. During the day there is no problem, with an excellent signal being received. Phoned Eircom, and they said it maybe some electrical item such as dishwasher, washing machine etc with magnetism effecting the signal. But this is not the reason ! I cannot fathom why it is fine during the day and gone in the evening. I am ringing Eircom now to investigate further. I thought it might be overheating as I never turn off the modem but no. I also did the restart etc on the modem but no difference. HELP !!!!!!

Perhaps there are other 2.4GHz devices in the vicinity (including in your own house and/or your neighbours' houses) that are causing interference? This might include 2.4GHz phones, baby monitors, audio/TV signal senders, microwave ovens etc. Perhaps try reconfiguring the router to choose each one of the "non overlapping" 802.11 channels 1, 6/7 and 11 and see if things work better one another channel?