Problem with Eircom Broadband

TheBlock

Hi All
I am having prblems connecting to the web with eircom broadband.It appears that McAffe is incompatable with their offering.I have tried to uninstall but I'm still having the problem (cannot find anny web pages despite being connected to my wireless network).

Any tips for a complete novice?

Need a bit more info if possible. Are you using internet explorer? If so go to tools/options/connections tab,then tick automatically detect settings.Was the BB working before or are you trying to get started?

I use eircom broadband and got McAfee suite with a PC I bought last Dec, had no problems with it working with eircom broadband - your connection method or ISP should be irrelevant wit hregard to McAfee working

I did have a problem after an AV update which caused McAfee about a minute to initialise on boot up - after several very unhelpful webchats with McAfee support they said the AV definition file wasn't responding correctly and to re-install it which didn't fix the problem. I put in AVAST anti-virus which works great and is free. I still use the McAfee firewall as I'm too lazy to configure the firewall on the router and uninstalled the rest of the McAfee suite