Problem with card reader

Milly

I bought a USB MultiCard Reader to enable me to upload photos from an SD card. When I connect it to the PC it says it does't recognise the device. I also get an error loading message 'CTMBHA.DLL 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed'. This msg comes up all the time and I just ignore it. Could the two issues be related? Forgive me in advance if I am doing anything stupid as I am a complete technophobe :)

We recently bought a flash drive aand had problems with it .

We simply clicked on RH mouse - format - and it cured the problem .

We simply clicked on RH mouse - format - and it cured the problem .[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for reply, tried this, didn't work, any other suggestions anyone?

I bought a USB MultiCard Reader to enable me to upload photos from an SD card. When I connect it to the PC it says it does't recognise the device. I also get an error loading message 'CTMBHA.DLL 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed'. This msg comes up all the time and I just ignore it. Could the two issues be related? :)

I don't think the two issues are related.

CTMBHA is a file belonging to your sound card software, you may have to reinstall the software.

The Card reader issue is fairly common, have a read of this which relates to Sandisk but will probably sort you out.

Hoagy - that sounds obvious but have lost usb which came with camera and I thought buying a card reader would mean I could use it for phone memory cards as well. Anyway, I finally got it to work last night by plugging into a USB port at the back of the tower instead of one of the ports at the front of the tower. Apparently the one at the back has more power? Apologies for my ignorance:eek:

Back