Problem preparing walls for painting

Puesyo

Hi
I seem to have been very unlucky recently with our house renovations. We just have torn down the wallpaper in one of our bedrooms and the wall underneath, while not in too bad state it needed a bit of sanding before being painted. So far we have always gotten on ok with polyfilla and polycell's smoothover products but the last time we naively thought of trying a new product, "basecoat" by polycell.... well it's basically like glue and it can't be sanded over. Now our walls are in a state and there's no way of taking the product off, and of course I do not want to pay to have the whole room plastered again. Any ideas anyone what I can do? I have tried sanding with a sander and by hand, it simply doens't come off.
Thanks in advance!

[broken link removed]
dosnt sound lik that stuff will come off without a struggle!
did you follow the instructions on the link above?
especially the extremities of heat and short pile roller

Yep we did. We even had a guy from Dulux having a look at the walls, because i complained that it should have been stated on the box that the product won't come off the wall easy once applied! I expected a product of the same time as polyffilla or the smoothover... was planning on doing some more sanding after applying but wanted to see how much the product covered and maybe save me some sanding. So instead of saving me the sanding now it has put me in a position that i don't know what to do with the walls!

Forget trying the get this product off the wall you'll waste more time and drive yourself mad in the process I've heard a few success stories from people who have used this product I'd give it a try.

[broken link removed]

Good Luck