Problem Delivery from 7dayshop.com

kellyj

I have run into a major issue with an order placed with 7dayshop.com for a Digital Camera. They advised the product was shipped on August 12th but no sign of it as yet. Managed to get a tracking number from them (note they are very frustrating to deal with as communication is restricted to a web forum type set-up). Used this (on the UK's Royal Mail site) and found the package had been received by An Post in Dublin on August 14th. Contacted them directly. The product had been scanned and sent on to their Limerick depot (where I reside). However there is no record if it reaching the Limerick office. Normal practice is to scan products on receipt in their depot off the Dublin truck. Asked them how could this happen (response was "no idea", "it is unusual alright") and if there had been any problem with other items shipped as part of the same delivery ("cannot check this out" was the response").
An Post's advice is to get back to 7dayshop.com with this information. They will then initiate an investigation via the Royal Mail as to what happened. I suspect this will then lead to a claim against An Post for costs. Once all that is sorted 7dayshop.com send me a new camera. Does this sound reasonable?

Hello KellyJ,

that is the way it normally works, but it may take some time. I had a PS3 conrtoller lost in the post. I ordered with CDWOW, and had to wait 28 days to make a claim. Had to wait another 4 weeks before I got the item, but a least it came (eventually)

Good luck with the camera

Back