problem connecting to internet...

thaiaddict

Hi, having ongoing problem with my medion laptop purchased just over a year now. Cannot connect to the inetrnet wirelessly and often even when connected via ethernet cable to router (dsl). Have tried everything i can think of. Has been fine up until a few weeks ago.

1. After contacting medion i restored laptop to factory settings, checked wireless adapter through via ipconfig and ping..(guy said adapter was working fine.

2. Have deleted and restored network (perlico), updated drivers etc..

3. Contacted perlico (useless!)...said no problems on their end, which seems o.k, because i have another laptop which connects fine, and is flying through webpages...dsl constantly on so thats o.k

Altough connection says signal is excellent and connected to internet...web pages dont appear and get the IE error page...
When i diagnose the most common mssge is to "reset network adapter"
which it repairs. Then i can connect for maybe a few minutes, but then
its back to square one.

I would appreciate any new ideas or suggestions to why this is happening...as am getting pretty frustrated at this stage!...

Thank you.

You need to identify if you still have an internet connection when things go down.

1) Connect to wireless

2) Go to DOS and see if you can ping www.rte.ie - if you can ping, then you have an internet connection - follow the below steps. If you cannot ping then you have not got a connection to the Internet.

3) Make sure that Internet Explorer is not set to work off-line

4) Delete all your temporary Internet Files

5) Make sure that your Firewall is allowing IE full access

6) Make sure that the settings for the proxy server for Perlico are set correctly.

Try again !

thanks...but today connected via ethernet cable, and working fine. So its a problem with wirelss function, or something on my laptop. I'm just wondering if wireless adapter is not working, but still capable of showing that it is....might have issue with warranty in that case, then again might not be worth it. Perhaps might look into a new card.....

thanks...but today connected via ethernet cable, and working ok. So its a problem with wirelss function, or something on my laptop. I'm just wondering if wireless adapter is not working, but still capable of showing that it is....might have issue with warranty in that case, then again might not be worth it. Perhaps might look into a new card.....

problem connecting to internet

just wondernig did you ever sort out the wireless connect - the reason i ask we have a Medion computer and cannot connect to internet via wirless connection - we phone Medion etc and did what they asked you to do and it still does not work. We are in the process of sending back the computer at this stage.

would be grateful if you let us know how you got on ?
thanks

Might simply be an issue with the driver. Are you sure you are using the latest driver? Whne you go into the properties, whats the date of the current wifi driver?