problem connecting portable media player to PC

briancbyrne

Hi,

Ive brought my media player into work in order to transfer some things from PC on to it and when I connect it up it is givig the following message even though the PC is recognising the presence of the external , "I" drive.

message reads:

I:/ is not accessible

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

can anyone point out what Im doing wrong.

thanks

brian

Connecting a personal media player to a work PC is a sackable offence in some places. As well as transferring data from a work PC to your own storage.

Back on message .. did your player work 'out of the box' at home or did you have to run an installation CD ? My CREATIVE ZEN can connect by USB to a PC, but my work PC could not access the device, beyond recognising it.

yea Ive had no problems before, even on this PC - ive transferred things over and back between PC's in work in the past using this method

does the message that its giving up point to anything in particular?

You may not have local rights to do this but give it a try - at your own risk.

Control Panel, ~Admin Tools, Computer Managment, Disk Management, then on bottom right, right-click on the I drive and change the letter. Then check.

Other issue is try and different USB port preferably on the back.

Edit to mention that I generally power down the device, connect the cable, then power up the device - best to check the manual with your device.