Prob getting into States after using my PPS no while there on hol visa

M

misstodco

Hi all,

I was in the States for 3 summers ('97-99) whilst in college...the first and third yr I had a J1...but the second year I didnt. I just went on a holiday visa the second year.

So i never told my employer I wasnt legal and I used my social security number that I had gotten the first year.

I didnt overstay the 90 days on my holiday visa but Im sure if they look at my records they will prob be able to see I went to the States in 1998 on a holiday visa but I paid taxes that year so obviously I was working there illegally!!

I am planning on goign to the States for 2 wks in the summer and am terrified I wont be allowed in cos of this.

I know of some ppl that had ESTA but were still refused entry cos they had overstayed their hol visa yrs ago....and ended up having to apply to the embassy in Dublin for a visa......

Any of the postings on these boards seems to be about ppl overstaying on their visas but I didnt do this, but by using my social security number they are going to know I was working there illegally.

Can someone pls advise if they have been in a similar situation and what they did?

Thanks for any advice!

I know things have gotten a bit paranoid in the US since Sept 2001 so I can understand your worry but I would be surprised that any such search for compliance issues would go back that far in time. I hope Im wrong but I guess you will find out when you apply for your visa.

Back