Prize Bonds - Can A Statement of All Activity Be Obtained from Fexco?

MrEarl

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with Fexco, regarding obtaining information on my late father's Prize Bonds.

Can they be compelled to provide a transaction statement, showing all Prize Bonds that he purchased, or later sold?

As things stand, they claim he had none, and that they've no record of him ever holding any Prize Bonds - despite the fact that I've sent them several hundred euros worth of their own cheques, which they issued to my late father, over time, as prizes.

These same "geniuses" have previously asked for a Power of Attorney, signed by a dead man, and insisting they can't speak with me, or my solicitor, without one!

To say I'm finding Fexco pretty incompetent, is a bit of an understatement, at this stage, so I may soon be making a formal complaint and heading to the Regulator, or whoever the appropriate overseeing body is.

Thank you.

As things stand, they claim he had none, and that they've no record of him ever holding any Prize Bonds - despite the fact that I've sent them several hundred euros worth of their own cheques, which they issued to my late father, over time, as prizes.
That just means that he had some at one time and won some prizes. Maybe he redeemed them at some stage before his death? If you don't have any evidence that he held onto them (e.g. the actual bond certs or access to his online State Savings account) and State Savings can't find any record of his holdings using relevant personal details (name, addresses, date of birth etc.) then maybe he simply never had any at the time of his death? Does his will mention them?
To say I'm finding Fexco pretty incompetent, is a bit of an understatement, at this stage, so I may soon be making a formal complaint and heading to the Regulator, or whoever the appropriate overseeing body is.

I believe that that FEXCO is merely administering the Prize Bonds service for An Post/State Savings. So it may be more beneficial to complain to State Savings/An Post if they're giving you the run around.

Incidentally, why didn't he encash those Prize Bond winnings cheques?

State savings and prize bonds​

If the deceased person held prize bonds and no other State Savings products, then you should send a letter notifying of the holder's death and the documents listed below to: State Savings, Prize Bonds, Fexco Centre, Killorglin, FREEPOST, Co. Kerry, V93 WN9T.

To clarify / answer questions, above:

* He was mentally ill for quite some time, before he died.

* There's no Will. A Grant has since been issued.

* Cheques were uncased due to mental illness. They were later sent to Fexco (we can evidence that Fexco got them), with instructions to convert them to Prize Bonds in my late father's name.

So, at the very least, there are Prize Bonds to value of previous prizes.

* Cheques were uncased due to mental illness. They were later sent to Fexco (we can evidence that Fexco got them), with instructions to convert them to Prize Bonds in my late father's name.
Did they respond to this?
I can't really see how they could retrospectively issue Prize Bonds in the name of a deceased individual?

Did they respond to this?
I can't really see how they could retrospectively issue Prize Bonds in the name of a deceased individual?
Acknowledged by phone.

The prizes issued prior to the date of my father's death, so it was simply a substitution.

Acknowledged by phone.

The prizes issued prior to the date of my father's death, so it was simply a substitution.
So you have the prize bonds in respect of prizes that his prize bonds holding won? But not the bonds that he presumably originally held? Have you read the links that I posted above?

I'm assuming here that you are the Executor of your father's estate. If so, can you not get the solicitor handling the estate to write a suitable snotty letter to Fexco.?

Back