Private Room charges for dinner in Dublin Restaurants & Hotels.

battyee

I have been seeking to book a dinner for approx. 30 in a quality restaurant or hotel. All venues charge seperately for a seperate room & quotes range from 790 euro to 1,500 Euro plus their normal menu prices for food & wines. Most will take a booking for 30 in their restaurant but none were prepared to even put up a screen to afford some degree of privacy. I had thought that most establishments would be happy to get the business particularly as it will be in February when business is quiet but so far I have drawn a blank.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

The dropping well in Milltown has a couple of rooms. They will at least do a buffet and I believe do a full menu. Rates are reasonable for the room, as I remember. Had a very good night there in March.

I had thought that most establishments would be happy to get the business particularly as it will be in February when business is quiet but so far I have drawn a blank.
What makes you think places will be quiet in February? Places are busy all year round these days, every night of the week, expecially any establishment with any sort of quality associated with it.

Maybe your expectations and notions need a little bit of updating?

Maybe try Bang (Merrion Row), the room upstairs may suit.

One Pico, School House Lane, Dublin 2 have a private room that can hold up to 45 people. I don't think they charge extra for it - check out www.onepico.com for more info.

We booked the Schoolhouse Hotel, Northumberland Road for our post registry office wedding dinner and they charged us nothing other than for the meal and corkage. This was 2002 so maybe things are different now?

Thanks, guys for advice. By the time I got to make the booking the party for 30 had more than doubled. The problem of getting a private room without a hire charge on top of food & drink costs became even more difficult. I checked out about 20 venues & the only one that didn't charge a room cost was the Westin Hotel. Unlike all others they also incorporate the service charge so needless to say they got the business.