private holiday rentals

riddles

I'm considering booking a holiday apartment through a site like owners direct - is there precautions or insurance you can take to ensure the advertised accomadation is valid.

Booking a holiday apartment privately is not difficult, but you have to tread with some care also.
1. Ask questions - How far walking distance is the nearest safe beach? The nearest beach might be at the end of a cliff and not suitable for children swimming.
2. How far walking distance is the nearest open supermarket? And don't be fobbed off with a hut with a sign declaring "Dunnes Stores."
3. Is the cost advertised the total cost? Are there additional costs e.g. airconditioning, television set, parking, etc
4. Is there a swimming pool and a kiddies pool?
5. Do I have to rent a car? Or how much is the transfer cost and who will provide it?
6. Are the pictures provided of the actual accommodation or are they just generic and from other apartments.
7. What views are from the accommodation.
8. How many bedrooms? What kind of beds? How many bathrooms? Is airconditioning provided? Is there a security grill?
9 How far walking distance to bars and restaurants?
10. Are towels and linen provided?
11. Are sunbeds and other patio furniture provided?

Write down questions for answers you need to know. Any dithering from the property owner, then forget him/her.

I booked one last year in tenerife through holidays lettings . Usually you can find lots of reviews on line about the apartment you are renting . I googled the owners name and got loads of reviews good and bad .
You cant please everyone i took the apartment based on the reviews and had a fab time ,the apartment had everything that most selfcatering doesn't have . So read the reviews .

Use a reputable advertiser like tripadvisor and others well known
Browtal