Private calls twice a day

aristotle

Anyone start revieving private calls this week? I have been getting one in the morning and afternoon everyday generally around 10-11am and 2-3pm. I answered one of them at there was no answer at the other end.

I am guessing this is some sort of auto-dialler. But just wondering if anyone else is getting them?

Me too, though sometimes sheer nosiness gets me.

Usually the Bank trying to sell me something.

Couple of years back I was in Australia and kept getting calls from private number in the middle of the night. Kept waking me up, but by the time I got there, caller gone no message.

Turned out to be sky trying to sell me something.

I chewed the head off them when I got them.

I was attending a funeral once, had phone on silent, and afterwards noticed SEVEN missed calls from a private number, no messages left at all. I became a bit worried because clearly someone was very anxious to get hold of me.

I sat watching the phone and lo and behold it began to ring, private number. It was NTL trying to sell me something! I was so annoyed - 8 calls in less than an hour - desperation. I chewed the person out of it.

Ive no idea if they have called since as I do not answer private number calls or calls from numbers I dont recognise. If its legit and I do not answer, the person will leave a message. I have noticed quite a decrease in these calls since I adopted the no answer except to numbers I know approach.

I actually hit the reject button for the NTL number which wasn't hidden and have not got a call for months now.

my dad got lots of them on his mobile and he could hear conversations on it of what seemed to be a security man in a shopping centers (by the words used) he allegedly got it "turned off" by meteor because it was costing him and they still came, it was like an error they weren't malicious just voice messages left on my dad's a/c like they sat on a load of buttons.

God knows how it kept ringing here tho, b/c he didn't know the gent so he couldn't have been in his address book.

Back