Prison, sentenced but how does surety work

C

ciara2o1o

how can someone get out on an surety if they were sentenced already ?

how does it work ect ??

all info would be greatly appreciated

i'm sorry i don't know the answer to this. you might be better off amending the title of your post to something like - 'temporary/early release from prison' as your current title is a bit vague.

have you contacted the garda who dealt with the case? they might have information for you.

there's some information here
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/arrests/bail_and_surety
but that seems to contradict the ability to be released on surety as it only relates to bail etc
prior to sentencing.
this section relates to temporary release from prison
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/prison-system/remission_and_temporary_release

Without knowing some of the facts, the information you will get on here may be limited. Are you sure the individual was not jailed with the sentance suspended or is out on bail whilst appealing the conviction?

Hey thanks for getting back to me

as u can understand i cant really say much , its a friend of a friend thing but im slightly worried about my friend, I dnt trust this guy at all and they way i look at it is he is in ter for a reason..

basically he was in court this week he got sentenced to 9 months
friend got a call from solicitor saying that if she can show
she has 3k ter as an surety that " mike" wont run that " mike" will be released

my problem in im sure if mike breaks any of the conditions she will lose out on this money

i have tried to get infor on net but nearly everything is saying a surety is only relised while court cases are pending ??

ps how do i change tread headers ?? im new to this

sorry guys

Sounds like he is appealing the sentence and is out on recognizance until appeal date.

my problem in im sure if mike breaks any of the conditions she will lose out on this money

Yes, if he breaks the conditions, she will lose the money.

If this guy is not thrustworthy, then dont put up the money. Usually close family members put up the money - is there a reason why they are not?

surety

Not fully conversed on the irish system yet but

Surety only applies if a person has bail which can only be possible if they are on remand. If a person is sentenced there is no need for bail thus no surety required.

A person who is going to go surety does not need to have the amount in cash. aslong as they have assets to the required amount that can be used as surety this is allowed.

if the person on bail should break there conditions then yes the surety person can be liable to pay.

hope this helps.

Back