prior commencement planning bonds

shirlee

Any help appreciated ?

Purchased a house in a development when I asked my solicitor was the prior commencement bond in place which was a planning condition he found out it was NOT he then insisted on same .Developer said they would forward reciept each time when money given but this never happened the builder issued a final notice final payment .when I refused got no where . Bond was never put in place for me to close the sale.

should the developer have been allowed issue final statement to close sale when the contract was specific in numbering each stage and the financial commitments were to be done prior to the part of issuing final letter

To purchase house developer insisted on Deposit higher than 10% then roof level which left the final money was about 10% of the cost of house

any help welcome

Many thanks

Why did you close the sale?

Were you a cash purchaser - as in, if you wanted to close even though the Bond was not in place, that was your decision.

Or was this purchase funded by a mortgage? In which case, the solicitor should not have released the loan cheque until the planning issue was in order.

mf