Printer

Shaz

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a new printer. I know that you can get a printer cheaply but it is the ink cartridge that is expensive.

Any recommendations of printers where the ink cartridges are the cheapest. I know that Tesco do ink cartridges as well. What do you think of them?

Thanks.

Bought the Canon HP170 in Argos last night... E89.99 for a Photo Quality Printer.
Its functions include Printer,Scanner and Memory Card. The DPI and Scan are to a good standard (Printers over E100 Dearer have the same functions!!).
You get a Colour + B&W Cartridge and New are E22 - E27 in Argos. You could also go down the Refills route in 1 of the many Cartridge places.

When you're buying the printer ask if the cartridges are chipped.This means when they run low on ink they will tell the PC they are empty and you need to have them reset after re-filling...although I suspect if it's a refill shop they will do this for you...but it means you can't do it yourself...also ask them if one of the colours runs out will you still be able print in black...some of the printers will not allow you to print once any of the colours are empty even though you don't need them for black...hope this helps