Printer not printing.

Ash 22

My printer keeps saying no paper fed. The paper is in the tray and looks perfect to me and each time I push in the tray its the same thing. Its a Brother DCP-130C

Assuming it worked previously, the first thing is to identify what has changed.
Are you using a different pc, have you installed some new SW, did you move the printer, change the cartridges, are you using a new type of paper.
No paper feed might suggest some one has changed a default for the printer, was someone printing envelopes or photos or something else other than the regular A4 pages.
Maybe it's had an argument with your tv? :)
also try google
e.g.
http://welcome.solutions.brother.co...2.html?reg=us&c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc230c_us

Thanks for your help tiger. It was working perfectly and had photo copied a number of sheets. When the paper ran out I put in more and this no paper message kept coming up. No change in anything, same paper being used.

First of all , you need to shut-down and re-start the pc / printer.

Next go to your printer folder and click on printer RH mouse to properties and ask for a test page .

If this does not print ,, you will enter a troubleshooting mode , and in there you may be able to diagnose the problem .

Also check the actual printer hardware and especially the rollers for foreign matter .

Google shows these previous discussions on this.

Sometimes the paper can be slightly damp and it can cause problems. You could also try fanning the paper as this too can cause problems.

Thanks everybody. Just followed allthedoyles instructions and thankfully its back in action again so good work allthedoyles!

Back