Printer is printing blank pages

laoisfan

hi

system is x86-winxphome (SP2).

printer is "HP PSC 2355" => printer/scanner/copier.

it prints only blank pages now. i connected a small deskjet printer and it was the same as well.

i disconnected the hp printer from pc and did self-test and it printed ok. i suspect the problem is with windows, possibly an update which has broken the driver or something?

this weekend i plan on uninstalling the printer and re-installing to see if that has any affect.

i checked the DEP settings under My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced etc and they seem ok. i also checked the printer properties (selected send to printer) and still no luck.

can anyone suggest anything else in the meantime...before the weekend...?

thanks.

--laoisfan

check on the ink maybe? or ink head? how about the document itself? have u try print a photo or small word pad document?

yeah i checked all of that and they are fine. as i said ...printer was able to do a test page when disconnected from pc....

as u mentioned..try reinstall the driver may help

Does the printer print more blank pages than you submitted? I.e. if you try and print 4 pages, will it put out something like 20 pages or more?

If it does, then it's a sure sign of a driver issue.

it prints only blank pages now.
What do you mean "now"? Do you mean that it used to work but stopped? If so what changes did you make to your setup? Does the problem occur with all applications including the Printer Control Panel test page option) or just some? If you recently upgraded to XP SP2 and this caused the problem then try [broken link removed].

This website has helped me a few times when I've had printer problems...

[broken link removed]