Printer for DVD/CDs

BlueSpud

Anybody know of a printer that will print direct to DVDs & CDs. I heard someone mentiona canon inkjet printer for around €200 that would do it but I have not been able to find it. Saw a CANON PIXMA iP8500, but I think there is a cheaper one than that.

Hi Bluespud,

I have a Pixma iP5000 which can print direct to dvd/cd's. Only thing is that you have to buy printable disks. As I already had a stack of disks I just bought the cd labels and print direct to those instead.

I've just had a quick look at the Canon Ireland website and it doesn't list the iP5000 anymore, it is showing an iP5200 so I assume this has replaced the iP5000. Although, looking at that website it seems that the iP4200 also prints direct to dvd/cd.

You have a couple of options. You could continue printing on labels. Alternatively, the Epson R340 printer has the facility to print directly onto CD/DVD's. Also, some burners have Lightscribe capability which allows burning images and text directly onto compatible CD/DVD's

The key here is compatability, I have the Epsom R300 which is a good all rounder, five inks so I only have to replace the one that is empty, prints good quality photographs up to A4 (way better than the Boots booth style prints), good quality plain paper printer and prints onto compatable CD's/DVD's. Paid €150 last Nov (Amazon was cheapest, this price included delivery), I'm happy as Larry.

I would recommend the Epsom also, I have the r200 and it prints very well to printable cds/dvds and the ink carts are available cheaply on the net, I got the printer and all my blanks from svp.co.uk