Printer cartridge is chipped

Shaz

I have just bought a HP deskjet F380. For a black ink cartridge and a tricolour cartridge. How do I know if it suitable for an ink refill? How do I know if it is chipped?

Where do I go for a refill or is it something I can do myself?
Thanks.

Re: Printer cartridge is Chipped???!!

Shaz I replied to you the other night... did you not ask the sales person those questions...otherwise you need to google your make and model of printer and see if it states whether the cartridge is chipped...it's not that expensive to buy a device that will reset it for you... but take it to cartdrige world and see what they say...

eh, what language are yez speaking, guys? Chipped cartridges? What does this mean? Is this a PC thing? :)

Basically when your cartridge runs out of ink a chip in side tells the PC the ink is empty...even if you get it refilled the cartridge will tell the PC it's still empty and not to use it...if you reset the chip it will work it will think it's new again!

i bought a dell printer recently and didnt know about this chiping on the cartridge ,i had it refilled 3 times now ,first time it worked ok ,second time quality was poor i thought cartridge world might have done a poor job but now at the third refill quality is still poor.
any suggestions on what can be done.

Sometimes refills just don't work very well. If it works at all then chances are it's not chipped but the refill process just doesn't work very well for that particular cartridge or more generally for that printer.

Back