Princessa Yaieza Hotel, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote?

Yellow Belly

Heading to this hotel for next week with my wife & 6mnth old daughter.

Has anyone experienced this hotel or resort? Any good restuarants or things to do?

Most importantly with Cheltenham on at the same time- is there any bookies locally? (There was a mix up in dates so I had to cancel my annual pilgrimage to Cheltenham- am gutted & it will be worse if I can't even see the races!!)

Dunno about bookies but the hotel is one of the most beautiful Ive ever stayed in. Its huge but laid out in a really spacious manner, you dont feel like youre walking miles of corridors as its all open plan and airy.
2 pools, one fresh water, one salt water, a childrens pool, jaccuzi and there is a childrens club as well.
there are plenty of restaurants in playa blanca town itself, 10 minutes walk from the hotel, theres also a beautiful little italian place in a courtyard below the hotel grounds, plus restaurants in the hotel itself. there is some shopping in the hotel, but lots in the town.
there are trips you can do locally also.
im sure there will be bookies in the town.

oh its also one of the most wheelchair (hence buggy) accessible resorts ive ever stayed in.

Thank you Truthseeker.

Feeling a little better since you have recommended the hotel- had visions of being miserable, in a hovel & missing Cheltenham at the same time!!

Thank you Truthseeker.

Feeling a little better since you have recommended the hotel- had visions of being miserable, in a hovel & missing Cheltenham at the same time!!

i read your post and was instantly jealous, when I stayed there (last september) we thought we'd been dropped off at the wrong hotel because it way exceeded our expectations

playa blanca itself is the quietest resort on the island, but there is a whole boardwalk of pubs/restaurants 10 minutes from the hotel. dont know about nightclubs etc as we werent there to go clubbing.
the designer shopping is pretty good too. haggle - you can get bargains.

more inportantly, some of the local pubs, there is one near the across the road from teh catholic church, with its own in house bookie.

alternatively, set up online account with bookmaker before you go and access internet from pub of the other side of the church!

Fabulous hotel.
You won't have a problem getting cheltenham. I was there over Christmas about 3 years ago and was able to catch the premiership Christmas schedule.

There is some lovely restaurants if you turn left onto the promenade and walk up to the recently developed marina

Enjoy!

As you'll have gathered from previous posters this hotel is really good. In fact once you stay there you won't be rushing back to anywhere else in the canaries. I stayed there about three years ago and have just booked a return visit at Halloween. There are internet facilities in the hotel so an online bookies account is a very good option. Also there are some really good restaurants within the hotel and I'd strongly reccomend you try them.

By the way last time I went there I had a six month old baby in tow and it worked out really well.

do you book direct or with tour operator and if the latter, who?

Sorry only saw this today.
You can book directly via their website and get flights yourself
(I know someone who did this and it worked out well) or you can go with a tour operator. We used Sunway the last time