Primary/secondary schools in Chapelizod area

S

susanb09

Hi all,

Could really do with some advice please! Have just been given the opportunity to move to Chapelizod Village with my two sons, ages 5 and 14. However, while it seems like a lovely area, I have absolutely no knowledge of educational facilities/options there. One son is in senior infants, the other in 2nd Year so I need to find out all I can on this subject before I make my decision as this is the most important factor of all. My main questions are as follows - 1. what nearby schools would we be eligible to apply for? (and do same schools have a good or bad reputation?) 2. Are local schools oversubscribed and if so, could we apply to schools in neighbouring areas such as Palmerstown, Lucan or Ballyfermot? (I don't drive so ideally, schools would have to be within walking distance or on a direct bus route) 3. Any Educate Together schools close by? 4. Is there actually a boys' secondary in Chapelizod at all? and 5. Is Chapelizod in general a good place for young boys to grow up? We have had a wander around the village and we loved it, so I'm really hoping to get some positive answers. However, I do need to get the lowdown as this is a massive decision for us to make and I really don't want to get it wrong so all replies and advice (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. Susan

Back