Primary Schools

ronny78

Hi,

I have recently moved to a new area and looking to get some information on the local primary schools.

Have so far only heard negative things but they are the opinions of people that I would not normally take advice from !

Is there anywhere, perhaps a website, where there are some facts or perhaps even other opinions on Irish primary schools ?

I realise this can be a touchy subject for some people, but there is a limited choice of school here and I'd like to make sure his nibs gets the best start.

Thanks
R-

Search for a forum for your community/area - maybe on neighbours.ie or boards.ie

We've been living in our area for 9 years, but it's only this year that we faced sending our child to primary school for the first time. I couldn't find any rating of the primary schools, and in spite of knowing some of the mothers we needed to make a decision based on our child, not theirs, so I contacted the schools directly and set up a meeting with the principles and got a tour of them. It seemed a bit over the top, but I don't know of any other way of finding out about the schools...