Primary Schools in Navan

Mag2006

Guys,

my friend is moving up there in a few weeks and St. Olivers is full and she is waiting to hear back from St. Pauls, she has a little boy in Junoir Infants. She is moving to Troytown Heights, think it's the Blackcastle area!.(she was buying in Johnstown but vendor messed them around)
She has been given a list of other schools and knows nothing about them so could someone give us a hand?!?!
St. Stephens in Johnstown
St. Josephs (where is that??)
St. Annes (same info needed)
Scoil Mhuire
Kentstown National School

She is really worred and she heard one school is a bit on the rough side and she cannot remember which one it is. Told her i would fish on aam. She is very dissapointed over St. Olivers so she is hoping that St. Pauls will facilitate her and her little lad.
Thanks again!.

Re: Primary Schools in Navan-HELP!

If her child doesnt get into St. Paul's I think the other school that would be close to Troytown would be Scoil Noamh Eoin, Windtown (046-9075803) It is beside the Swimming Pool in temporary prefabs until a new school is built in the big development on the Proudstown Road. The principial (Mrs. Mary McMahon) is a brilliant teacher. She used to teach in St. Oliver's. The other schools you mention are all down town which would be a nightmare getting down every morning. I would think Scoil Naomh eoin would be a better choice then St. Pauls. St. Joseph's is a secondary school in town.

Thanks Megan. They are in right S*ite now, no school apart from St. Stephen which is miles away in Johnstown can take him so this is serious, she only accepted a job offer up there this week and they were all so excited about it. They might have to pull out totally now!!!. God love them, how can they move with no school for their son!!

Has she tried Scoil Naomh Eoin as suggested by Megan? It's the overflow school for St. Paul's. They are currently in pre-fabs beside Troytown while the new school is being built.

There are a few other possibilities in the town (Naomh Eanna, Educate Together, Scoil Boinne) - does it have to be a Catholic school? Where abouts in Navan will she be working - i'm just asking because town can get very gridlocked? I'll ask around for you.

Last edited:
The house is in Troystown Heights and she will be working in the town in Navan Travel, delighted with herself getting that but the school is a massive worry now.
She is onto Scoil Naomh Eoin this morning, she left 2 messages on Friday, will tell her about the other two.

She got him into Scoil Naomh Eoin thank god!!, she really likes it there and it's nice and small!!. Happy Days. Thanks for the help guys!.