Primary school in Celbridge

Shaz

I am looking for a primary school for my son. I found out that there is a long waiting list for the North Kildare Educate Together School. My questions are:

In terms of quality of education, are the educate together schools much better and hence the long waiting list?

Is Scoil na Mainistreach a good school? I would prefer to send my son to an all boys school but the quality of education would be the most important criteria and so I would consider mixed schools. Could anyone please give me your opinion.

Thanks.

Hi Shaz,

My daughter attends an Educate Together school in Dublin and after first experiencing a single sex school for two years prior to getting her a place I have to say the difference is vast. ET completely adheres to the Primary Schools curriculum in all areas other than Regligion for which they have an etics based class. But ET's policy as a 'Child Centred' educator and their modern approach effectively means the experience for child and parent is fantastic, welcoming and I am thankful every day she is there.

Its a hard decision to make, good luck.

Back