Prices for Tiling

MandaC

I have about 65-70 sq. yrds of tiling and have received a quote of €2,300 inc. VAT. That is to tile floors in Kitchen, Downstairs Loo and Utility and both floors and walls in Bathroom and Ensuite Shower Room.

It also includes taking out the sink, toilet, radiators, fans, etc and putting them back in afterwards in all three bathrooms. Anyone any idea if this is a fair price.

Seems very dear to me, Just had ensuite (25sq yds) and kitchen floor (35 sy yds) tiled for €13 per yd or €780. Not sure if he took radiators/ sink off but he did a good job.

Quote €2,300 is roughly €33/yd for 70 yds. On face seems dear. However other work on fittings removal and reinstallation may be tricky and perhaps quote includes separate amount for this so it's hard to say. Also some tilers will charge more for certain types of tiling, e.g. if you want them "diamond pattern" as opposed to "square" or if any of tiles are mable etc. Perhaps more enquiry would be needed. Previous poster at €13/yd got very good value in my mind. Would have expected €20/yd at least from own experience.

Recently tiled entire house and there was close to 150 sq yds.

Cost was just under 3000 euros and tiler charged different price per sq yd for ceramic than porcelain tile, the latter being more expensive.

Not sure of the exact breakdown but think it was about 15 and 18 per sq yd.

€2,300 seems a rather high price,for 65 sq yrds of tiling, but combined with the prepartion work and refixing of fittings might not be to bad a
price, the quality of work should also be a deciding factor and if possible ask to look at some of his work he has completed elsewhere.

Thanks guys, I think it is quite expensive as the tiles are nothing special, ceramic upstairs and porcelin downstairs, no fancy patterns etc.

However, there is a fair bit of work going into taking out and putting back in almost everything in the entire bathroom from the radiators, to the sinks, to the fans. I would rather have these taken out and put back in as it leaves a far better job than cutting around the toilet bowl and sink stem, etc.

I have paid enough for the tiles and want a decent job. I have seen samples of their work and they seem very professional. I am going to get a second price just to be sure anyway.

The average price seems to be between €15 and €25 per sq. yrd, but I dont want to get someone to do a botch job.

Thanks

Manda C.

Just to let you know,

We are tiling Kitchen \ Dining room, hall, and 3 bathrooms in our new house for €1300 (labour only). This includes fixing the sink\toliet back to the wall. The total area is 110 sq yrd. i have seen the guys work and it is top notch. That quote that you got seems to be on the dear side.

hi,

Our tiler has had his phone disconnected so we can no longer get in touch with him. He charged us €14 sq.yd for tiling which was great. Anyway, we got a new guy recommended to us last night and he quoted €25 per sq.yd - was astounded!!

can anyone recommend a tiler whom i could contact?

thanks,

Seems very dear to me, Just had ensuite (25sq yds) and kitchen floor (35 sy yds) tiled for €13 per yd or €780. Not sure if he took radiators/ sink off but he did a good job.

Where in the name of god are you located and give me the mans name?? €13 is ridiculously cheap.

The cheapest I could find, in Kildare, was €19 per square yard.

it was a romanian guy who tiled, plastered, painted, hung wallpaper etc... he was the best find ever!!!!! so €25 is not that expensive yet?

I had a similar experience, find an eastern european if you can!

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good tiler in the North Dublin area please? Someone who has got a job done by them and will honestly recommend them.

thanks

Got following tiling quotes per sq yard:
€18 - ceramic
€27 - Porcelin
€35 - marble

Based in south-east - do they sound like reasonable prices?
Please feel free to pm me if you have contact details of anyone around New Ross area.

From my experience €20 a sq yd is the standard. Anything more expensive is probably though the tile shop. Anything cheaper is properly not paying tax and may not be the best work.

I am getting my bathroom floor & downstairs loo floor tiled for €300 Sat week - the tiler was recommended by a friend - price seems good enough to me... he's also putting down the plywood under the tiles for that price

i paid 1700 cash for about 70 square yards with 45 being porcelain tiles. the splashback was also done for this. good enough job.