priceline.com

themetunegal

Hello,

Heading to the states this year, and trying to book some good value accommodation via priceline.com.....

Am I correct in thinking that I can't use priceline.com unless I reside in the US? Is there any way around this?

Someone has suggested using priceline.co.uk and that your username and password would be valid on priceline.com - however, (perhaps I'm just missing it) I can't see how to register on priceline.co.uk without booking accommodation (on the priceline.co.uk website you can't use the 'name your own price' facility for US hotels).

Any advice anyone?

Thanks
Themetunegal

Check the discussion boards on www.biddingfortravel.com ... I think that you can register on priceline.com even though you're not US resident ... just putting in 00000 as ZIP code etc. - I've never tried this but I believe that you can.

I've used Priceline.com a number of times with no problems - i've always use Zip code NY 10017 (coincidently the zip code of the first hotel I ever booked with them :D ).
I use the US site as most of the information on the net about successful bidding tends to be in US$, and i've heard of people bidding on UK site with dollar amounts! Check out www.betterbidding.com, for some info on the price ranges / hotels that other people have been successful bidding for in the past.
www.hotwire.com is also another good option, they give you the price you need to pay, and the location / star rating (some of the hotel can be identified easily on the betterbidding site). The hotel name is revealed when you book, as with priceline once you book its normally non-refundable.
Good luck

Back