Price Variations-Mercedes E200

smithy-tours

Hi, was lokking at the above car, a 2003 new model. I've noticed there is a huge price difference in them. And it isn't just the differnt specs. Anyone know why this would be? They range from E36,000 to E23,000. It seems crazy to me!

The market is flooded with used M-B's........i should know, it took me.....5 months to sell my low mileage 01 one.............?

Buy a high spec - imho, don't touch manuals or cloth upholstery. You can't give them away............iirc, the dealer down here has........200??....in a pound :eek:

Ok the difference does seem to be between manuals and automatics. Milage doesn't seem to be as big a factor. Both were elegance models too.

As with 5- and 7- series BMWs, manual E-class Mercs are a nightmare to sell 2nd hand.

Friend of mine tried to offload a manual X5 recently and got rather a shock at the trade in prices being offered.

An expensive lesson there for anyone buying cars like this new.

The manual version is a great second hand buy if you are keeping the car for a few years as they are much cheaper than an auto. I have a '01 270cdi with a manual box and prefer it to the auto, much more power. But as already stated they are hard to sell on.

Could the price difference be VRT? I've seen UK cars advertised on carzone.ie where the VRT hasn't been paid yet.

Even taking into account milesage/specs, I would be surprised to see a 13K difference.

Back