Price to upgrade heating system

Timmore

We are changing/upgrading our heating system and wanted to check if any of you could comment on the reasonableness of a price I have been given. I have a quote of E4,970 including VAT to provide all materials and labour for the following:

Ø Prepare new concrete base for oil tank
Ø Move existing oil tank about 15 feet onto new base and associated piping
Ø Install and wire new condensing Heatpac boiler onto the outside wall of the house
Ø Remove existing hot water tank (the tank in the hot press) and replace with new larger tank (42x18 G2 insulated tank).
Ø Fit new immersion to fit larger tank.
Ø Fiot boost opump to pump water to shower
Ø Fit thermostatic valve for shower and shower head

Last edited:
Seems a bit pricey to me but I dont really know. Will be doing something similar (and more) in march. If you allow €2,500 for boiler, tank, pump etc and allow €600 for Vat that leaves €1870 for labour and some smaller plumbing/wiring requistes and overheads and max 2 days work. But then I'm not a plumber and don't know the prices. Can't wait for my own quote!!!

If you allow €2,500 for boiler, tank, pump etc and allow €600 for Vat that leaves €1870 for labour and some smaller plumbing/wiring requistes and overheads !

An insulated tank, booster pump and thermostatic mixer aren't exactly small requsites you know! Pump is probably €250+, tank ~€150, thermostatic mixer could be big money depending on model.
Leo

Thanks all. I have now gotten a breakdown of the quote as follows:

Prepare new concrete base for oil tank E180
New condensing Heatpac boiler E1200
New hot water cylinder (42x18 G2 insulated tank) E400
New immersion for new cylinder E100
Boost pump E320
Thermostatic valve and shower head E386
Piping for new boiler E250
Piping for re-siting oil tank E100
Piping for new hot water cylinder E250
VAT E450
Labour E1,300

I think the labour seems very fair I was just surprised everything else added up to so much!

€1300 for 2 days work thats 650 per day - a very very good wage?? Its on the high side if you ask me.

Two Days? beaky

More than Four days if all work is nicely done like oil tank properly supported and so on.

Reasonable if plumber is registered and insured contractor.