price per square foot

mobiletech

Hi we are building an apartment (well its really a semi detatched bungalow) 1500 sq feet to 1600 square feet with a new waste water treatment unit, does any one have any recent prices per square foot for builders finish or more importantly for self build(mostly direct labour).

thank you

ps (we are building in kerry)

When we priced with architect at planning stage they said 250-350 euro sq ft for full finish.

I've seen as low as 70 euro self build, and our price is working out at 117 euro sq ft in louth for builders finish using subcontractor and 149 euro sq ft for fully finished product.

Hope that helps, M.

thats what i thoght i could build for about 60 euro a square foot id be paying a builder double, a friend of mine built a 2400 sq foot bungalow for approx 40 euro a square foot put his soul into it, did a lot himself nearly all really,
well anyway at them prices id say ill be doing it myself
thanks

Wow- 40 a sq ft is fantastic, tempting if you can do it yourself.
Neither of us are building trade and the stress of managing a build, two full time jobs and a two hour commute arriving soon didn't seem like a clever thing for us hence the subcontract route for the sake of our marriage!

Good luck!

you know you have a good point id be putting myself through the stress of it along with my wife and child it will take a lot of time management for both build and quality time,ts a lot to think about but i cant see myself handing 100 thousand to a builder.

We built a 3500 sq foot block house, with hollowcore and geothermal for about €85 sq foot inc furnishing.

I got main trades in for raft, blocklaying, roofing, wiring, plumbing and plastering and tried to do as much myself as I could. Still have the gardens to do this summer, but have that budgeted in too.

Mind you, for another 10 or 20 thousand I could have saved alot of time and stress, getting other jobs done by trades. e.g. Tiling, drainage, doorframes, suspended ceilings, slabbing etc etc.

My advice, is fo self build, to sub out as much as possible. You will still save a fortune in comparism to Contractor.