price of plastering garden wall

N

notagain

I have been quoted €2.500 to plaster a garden wall would this be correct,as i was shocked.

Notagain, I have no idea if the price is good or not. How much garden wall do you have?

Would planting shrubs, trees, climbers etc against the wall be an option for you?

Marion

I paid €10K for a garden wall including plastering. My wall was 150ft across the front and 90ft down the side and 5ft high and I got a lovely set of steps leading upto the front of my house. Think the plastering element came in at €1250. If you think you're being screwed - get a few more quotes. I can highly recommend Lithuanian brickies. They built my massive wall in less than a week and cleaned up as they went.

Hope it all works out for you.

Do it yourself. Surley it neednt be a professional job in the garden. Make a feature out of the 'swishes' you are likely to leave. Or roughcast it with pebble dash for a rustic look. The approx €2k you will save can be used to invest or spend as you feel. Plasterers can charge what they like. They are skilled, most, and are best off getting well paid for interior work. Of course if you want to pay it, or even half this, do so. If you do you are indicating good value for you for the job done.

We had one side of our 30m by 4ft garden wall plastered in a day for €250 euro by the same excellent plasterer who did the whole of the house. Maybe he charged less because we had him previously - but it only took him about 4 hours . For €2500 you must be getting a good finish or have a very big wall?

The plasterer who priced the wall @ 2,500eruo is the same one we had to plaster the house,as we live in the sligo area it seems to be a closed shop.

Just how big is this wall? How long/ how tall?
How much did the house cost to get plastered - and how long did it take him. Ask him how long the wall will take. Then you will see if he is conning you or not. You could get the wall fronted with stone by a stonemason for that price!!

The two extremes here are a) get a professional plasterer to do it and b) do it yourself.

If it were me, neither of the above would be wise.

Other options are to get a trainee plasterer (ask around in the building trade) to do it in his spare time or get another tradesman to do it. The main point being that you don't need to pay someone that can do work of the quality that interior plastering requires.

Last wall I had done was 3-4 ft tall and bordering two sides of 0.25 acres.
Rough coat applied in less than 1 day and finish coat applied in 1 full day. Materials and rent of a mixer were extra, but very little.

Back