Price of Pint in Dublin

IrishGunner

Am I really out of touch with the price of a Pint

Went for a drink in one of the so called Super Pubs(Cafe En Sein) in Dawson street on Friday about 10pm and the price of a Pint was €5.90..!!!

Are you still paying for the furniture in here I said to the Barman, that went over his head

Ran out of there and into Kehoes more reasonable price

Then last night went to a pub in Harcourt Street(Dicey Reillys) and the price was €6 at 7.30....

Can anyone beat that ?

I drink no more than 5 pints a week so the €1-€2 that I would save by shopping around would not be worth the effort. That said I cycle to a local(ish) pub full of 'auld fellas and the pint is under €5 but even if it was €6 I would still go there.

€6 for a pint is madness, another reason to move to the country.

I paid €6.30 for a pint at 11.30pm in cafe en seine.

paid it at thet time as I was out with a crowd....haven't been back.

but a pint in my local is now €5 (miller) - which is mental.

my parents live down the country and a pint of budweiser there is €3.95

In ascending order:

Enniskillen

ale = 1.49stg = 1.91 euro

Coors lager = 1.79 stg = 2.30 euro

Guinness = 2.10stg = 2.69 euro

Yes, you read it correct, a pint of Guinness for 2.69 euro in Ireland!!

This just shows the huge profits being made on the €5 pint.

Kells, Co. Meath = 3.70

Sligo

Harry's bar, High street = 3.50 (not a pub for everybody!)

Shoot the Crows, Sligo = 3.80

Sligo town general price = 3.90

McHugh's, Grattan street (brutal pub), ale = 4.40

€6 is crazy.

€3.70 for Guinness in any of the three Dalymount Park bars. You might have to talk to me though.

€4.30 if I recall correctly in the one of my locals that I have actually managed to frequent in recent months.

I think that Guinness is €4.60 in my local.
I drink Guinness but never bother to check the price before I purchase. That way I can claim that I was ripped off afterward if it costs €6

I don't drink it but was in Dandelion and was charged €6.70 for a bacardi breezer for a friend! I couldn't believe it! I haven't gone back and told the barman that he thought I was nuts But the cl is only something like 270cl in a breezer let alone a pint!

I rarely go to the (local) pub anymore. It's just too expensive. Can't remember the last time I went to a not local pub, must be years. I'd need to extend my mortgage with taxis etc.

The off licence sells a very good range of bottled beers so I drink those instead.

I can see pubs going the way of the Galtymore.

Around the €4 mark for Guinness, Beamish and Murphys in many pubs here in Cork. Good times

That way I can claim that I was ripped off afterward if it costs €6

Have we stopped pointing out/questioning/arguing over the term 'rip off', or have we agreed on a broader definition? I miss the inevitable posts that used to follow up any use of the term.

I really don't know why you are all crying about the pint of the black stuff. You all deserted the pubs to drink at home because you felt the price of drink was shocking. So now the poor publican has to increase the price to try and recouperate his high margins.

levelpar - if the publicans though they'd loost out due to the double whammy of a renewed focus on drink driving and the anti smoking regulations I think they are in for a shock when the post celtic tiger recession bites.

if the publicans though they'd loost out due to the double whammy of a renewed focus on drink driving and the anti smoking regulations I think they are in for a shock when the post celtic tiger recession bites

Somehow or other, I dont think the publicans can see further than the end of there noses

I paid €6.15 for a large bottle of Bulmers in the Kestrel last Friday.

Dublin, last weekend. JJ Connells's pub (I think) on south Richmond street.

Guinness = 4.00

Beamish = 3.50 (I think)

Good enough value, good pub.