Price for planting flowers and shrubs

D

dmck

Could someone give me an idea on the costs to get someone in to plant our new flower beds, we have already bought the flowers and shrubs. There are 51 in total ranging in size from small to medium at best, the 2 beds are 7m long and 6m long. The beds will be rotovated and prepared except for fertiliser etc. The garden centre also prepared a plating plan. The price we got from the garden centre (who recommended someone) seems excessive at 500euro although this was a guesstimate from her end as the guy she was recommending hasn’t seen the job (he's dropping by tomorrow), any thoughts? Also can anyone recommend someone good to do the job?

ta

I'd imagine any handyman would do this in a mornings work. Is there any local advertiser/paper advertising such services? Can't see how it could cost more than 100 to 200 for a full days work?

That sounds very expensive. My husband works in the business and the planting rate is €3 or less per plant. that would be €153 at most if the beds are prepared already. dont get ripped off on this one.... Mel B

thanks for the reply's, i had a feeling it was excessive alright.

Mel B, is your husband based in Dublin? if he's interesed in doing the job PM me with his number. Thanks again

Lots of Eastern Europeans around who will work at a fair price (I am not suggesting under payment). Put an ad up in your local Polish etc. shop and you should have a few potential planters

The ALCI rate per day is about 250 per man - that's a registered company or qualified personnel. 51 plants depending on soil/ pot size should take only that long - maximum!