Previous Residence (PPR) into pension?

presidenttttt

Hi,

Given the harsh tax treatment on private land lords I imagine an increasing number just sell their initial PPR when upsizing or moving elsewhere, rather than hold as a rental.

I know an investment property can sit in a pension if bought by the fund (albeit I think rules tightened in recent weeks). Is there any mechanism to move a former PPR into a pension? Good property, good location, premium rental.

To keep the question simple I am assuming there is no capital gain that someone might want to unlock at the point of upsizing.

Thanks

Any property purchase by a pension fund must be "arms length ", and that's apart from the recent rule changes making it more difficult for an individual pension fund to buy property.

Thanks, I do recall reading about “arms length” now. What’s the intent do that part of the rule base?

Thanks, I do recall reading about “arms length” now. What’s the intent do that part of the rule base?
Buying your own house through a pension. Or buying your business premises through your pension. Buying a property for your child to live in. Buying a holiday home that you use personally. There are loads of reasons.

There are now severe limits on owning property through self administered pension schemes. Unregulated investments cannot make up any more than 49% of the value of the scheme and borrowing is banned. This does not apply to PRSAs, BOBs or ARFs.

Steven
http://www.bluewaterfp.ie (www.bluewaterfp.ie)

Thanks Steven.

Shame, I get the desire to reduce risk, but the local individual buying outside a pension is as far as I can see taxed out of the investment property market, and I don’t know why policy is more advantageous for Canadian and German pension funds and corporates(or irish ones). The small man or woman who is far less likely to leave it sitting empty, derelict, or send much of the the profits abroad.

Last edited: