Prepaid mastercard or visa as a gift?

Blackrock1

We are looking at gifts for teachers and someone has recommended one4all that im not a fan of as they are very limited in where they can be spent.

I know we have used perx in work (prepaid master cards) as gift cards but you cant buy as a regular consumer, is there any option to buy a once off prepaid visa or mastercard as a gift?

We are looking at gifts for teachers and someone has recommended one4all that im not a fan of as they are very limited in where they can be spent.

I know we have used perx in work (prepaid master cards) as gift cards but you cant buy as a regular consumer, is there any option to buy a once off prepaid visa or mastercard as a gift?
Dundrum TC are always popular in south county Dublin. It's usually a collection from the whole class, so they just get one voucher.

Personally I would count it inappropriate for a teacher or any other public servant in the course of their work to accept a gift of cash, a voucher or a prepaid card from a member of the public.
It could be a private fee paying educational institution for all we know.

The question is about the logistics of transferring a monetary gift, not anybody's perceptions of the supposed rights and wrongs of doing so.

It could be a private fee paying educational institution for all we know.

The question is about the logistics of transferring a monetary gift, not anybody's perceptions of the supposed rights and wrongs of doing so.
I don't see whether a school is fee paying or not is relevant. My daughter goes to the local national school, as did my son and a voucher is always bought. We've come a long way from the days of buying fancy paper or bath salts.

A voucher is a lot better than a bottle of booze.

One for all are pretty easy to spend, never really had an issue finding an outlet somewhere to spend any I've got over the years as presents. Only annoying part is the €50 online limit per transaction but you'd hardly be giving a teacher €50?

I'd go for a Me2You card. Can be spent in a much wider range of retailers including Applegreen for fuel. It's operated by Retail Excellence Ireland

Card can be bought in Applegreen too

One for all are pretty easy to spend, never really had an issue finding an outlet somewhere to spend any I've got over the years as presents. Only annoying part is the €50 online limit per transaction but you'd hardly be giving a teacher €50?
Lots of classes have collections these days, so the money is pooled and one voucher is bought.

as another poster said its a class gift so from all parents. Personally i hate one4all, but the alternative suggested above will do nicely

Back