Pre-Pour of finished floor!!

Salmon

Folks,

Can anyone offer advice on this one! I'm about to pour the finished floor screed and am a little concerned about how the insulation and steel mesh is installed. I'll try to upload a few pics but bear with me i havent done it before!

Insulation: [broken link removed]
and Mesh: [broken link removed]
My question is should the insulation be 'edged' around the external walls and is there enough mesh on top of the insulation?

Looking to pour tomorrow so any help would be great!

I am assuming this isn't the finished job (just ready for pouring)? Mesh should not straddle internal rising walls, this mesh is designed for crack control only. Mesh is not complete, as pictured. You really should have perimeter edge insulation to maximise heat conservation, typically 15/ 20mm thick board, but this is entirely dependant on the shape, plan configuration of your house and insulant materials used. Kingspan can do a simple calculation and give you advice on the edge treatment. Have you considered first fix plumbing/ services- are pipes securely tied in location? If you are in any doubt you should consult an experienced builder, mistakes or omissions at this stage can be costly and later remedial work can damage insulation, DPM/ radon barriers etc. This is where the benefits of employing an experienced general contractor come into play. Other than that it looks ok, but have an experienced person look at it in person.

Back