Prainha Village (Apartments & duplex townhouses)

bertson

Hi All;
Has anyone been Alvor (Algarve) and stayed in the Prainha Village (Apartments & duplex townhouses)?

How close to the beach/shops etc, and could you get away without a car?

Any feedback would be great

Thanks a mil
B

Last edited:
Hi

Havent stayed in Prainha Village but stayed near in the Pestana Hotel last year for a weekend. We walked up through the village complex as we are serial algarve visitors and we were lookng for a new holiday spot. To get to the point, though we didnt look into any of the villas we were really impressed with the complex and I have to say the best located swimming pools in the algarve. Its right on the cliffside looking out to sea. Theres a large green area around the pool a good poolside bar and restaurant and its all very safe for kids as its completely fenced in. The pool isnt right in with the villas or cottages but its only a couple of minutes walk away....nothing to put you off imo. As far as I can remember theres also a mini market on site. Alvor is a taxi ride away...or maybe a 20 - 30 min pleasant walk. If you dont plan on travelling around too much remember taxis are dirt cheap in portugal and you could get by without renting a car. Alvor is a great little town, plenty of bars and restaurants and of course brilliant for sea food. My favourite restaurant, taxi will probably drop you to harbour...the first restaurant on the right facing the sea. But standard is good thru out. Dont normally go to irish bars but in Alvor its the best. when you walk up the main street its on the right, its run by an irish guy hes usuallly playing guitar and having a laugh with cutomers as they come in (there is another "oirish" karaoke bar further down so dont get mixed up).
Hope thats of use...... lets know how you get on if you go as I reckon we'll be heading there at some stage.
mick

Thanks a million Mick;

We can only go on October due to work committments, and there is very little on offer at the moment, but this resort is listed as available;

Maybe the companies are waiting until the summer season books out before posting the later sun holidays

Thx
B

Back