Prague

Gulliver1

Hi

Thinking of going to Prague for two nights on Tuesday week.

Any advice?? Is it a nice place, safe, cheap??

great spot. lots to see.try one of the walking tours. weather is probably cool enough.safe enough and prices have been rising over the last few years but the side street off the main thoroughfare can be reasonably priced for the pints..sorry i can't comment on the nightlife in Prague but i believe from friends some of the clubs can charge big for the drinks

It's a wonderful city and if you are willing to stray slightly from the main tourist traps you will get good value for food and drink. There's a fantastic website that i used when I last visited that has some amazing day trips and night time entertainment that i highly recommend. It's just a pity they don't do it for other countries - the service was fantastic:

www.pragueexperience.com

Enjoy!

I flew with klm as far as i can recall but a simple google search or an airline search should tell you. ebookers is a good website to give you an idea of most airlines as well.

Just back from Prague myself, went with Aer Lingus. I've heard that if you go Ryanair you actually land something like 200miles from Prague and there's a 4 hour wait for the connecting bus. Don't know if this is true or has been exaggerated in the telling. We booked our accomodation with Athos travel and they organised a pick up at the airport for us, couldn't have been easier.

I've heard that if you go Ryanair you actually land something like 200miles from Prague and there's a 4 hour wait for the connecting bus. Don't know if this is true or has been exaggerated in the telling.

BS

[broken link removed]

Is the name M Smyth or Ms Myth?

Its hard to believe that there are no Ryanair signs to be seen at Prague Airport I suspect a troll

Ah **** I could've saved a packet by going ryanair then! The person who told me that (my boss) happens to be heavily involved in siptu and so is anti- ryanair at all costs. Not taking holiday advice from him again so!

I have booked the holiday and we are staying in a hotel called U Zlatheo Stromu Hotel located in Wencalas Square.

Has anyone ever heard of this hotel??

Here is the hotel's website:

[broken link removed]

Here is the TripAdvisor review:

Thanks Protocol.

Judging from hotel website, it looks fabulous - very luxurious.

Read mixed reviews; some have said it is disappointing, others found it thoroughly enjoyable.

Ryanair only started Prague in the last few months and they were indeed Flying to a place called Brno which is a destination in itself and is approx 200 miles fromPrague on a good day i believe..
Prague airport is easy to get around,the q's can be long so on the way back get to the airport early and u don't actually get scanned through security until u are about to board the plane.

See I'm not a troll! Was just fed a bit of slightly out of date info

Indeed. Apologies

That said, you would have to wonder why anyone would fly to Brno and think they were going to Prague. Berlin (and probably several other airports) would be as "close".

Hi

Thinking of going to Prague for two nights on Tuesday week.

Any advice?? Is it a nice place, safe, cheap??

Several nice bars and restaurants, all very good value, just off the touristy beaten track at Ujezd street in Mala Strana. Take a left when you cross Charles Bridge towards the castle.

Indeed. Apologies

That said, you would have to wonder why anyone would fly to Brno and think they were going to Prague. Berlin (and probably several other airports) would be as "close".

Ryanair marketing maybe?

With regards safety, we were told by everyone that the place was rampent with pickpockets, that we'd be robbed blind, etc. When we got there we couldn't believe the number of silly people standing around with open bags hanging off their shoulders in very crowded tourist spots, gazing up at buildings and acting completely oblivious to the people around them. So basically, if you use common sense you'll be fine.